Physical Therapy applications have an important place in treatment of many congenital or acquired diseases. Pyhsical Therapy practices aim to reduce or eliminate pain, ultimately regain the daily life activities of the patient, and increase the comfort of life by making the functions of the organs healthy. On the other hand, Rehabilitation treatments also have an important place in order for patient to perform their daily activities despite physical, psychological, and social, physiological / anatomical disorders.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation department aims to restore the functions that are impaired due to many diseases that disrupt the function of the musculoskeletal system and to completely recover the patient from the effects of the disease. In the treatment, besides many physical therapy agents, special exercise programs are applied.
We have both physical therapy and rehabilitation halls in our clinic.
Traditional and Complementary Medicine methods are applied as additional treatment in many diseases including Common pains, fibromyalgia (muscle rheumatism), lower back and neck pain, calcification, numbness in the hands and feet, burning, neuropathies, vascular diseases, edema (varicose veins and lymphedema), cellulitis, slimming, senility problems, maintaining the general state of health. These methods are intra-articular injections, dry needling, PRP applications, kinesiotaping (banding) applications, ozone therapy, mug therapy (hacamat), acupuncture applications.
Diagnosis and Treatment Areas
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Norological diseases
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Pre and post orthopedic-operative rehabilitation
- Geriatric rehabilitation (elderly patiens)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fibromyalgia Treatments (soft tissue diseases)
- Osteoporosis treatments
- Osteoarthritis treatments
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lymphedema treatments
- Multiple Skleroz (MS) treatments
- Phsical therapy exercises
- Ozone therapy
- Joint injection
- Trigger point injection therapy
- Botox injections
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment
- Dry needing
- Hotpack, Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
The main diseases treated in our Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Clinic are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of the effects of neurological diseases such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spina bifida on the musculoskeletal system.
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, arthritis due to psoriasis etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of lymphedema, venous insufficiency etc. diseases that cause swelling in the body
- Diagnosis and treatment of waist-neck-back pain (canal stenosis, spinal shift, myalgia, muscular strain, etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of neck and lumbar hernia, rectification of muscle strength after surgery in our patients who underwent surgery, planning treatment for relief of pain and limitation in movements)
- Diagnosis and treatment of posture disorders (scoliosis, kyphosis, etc.), posture-related pains.
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue pain (muscle rheumatism Fibromyalgia, Myofascial pain symptom, chronic fatigue syndrome etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder pain (muscle tears, frozen shoulder, calcification, etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of arm-elbow pain (tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, tendinitis, olecranon bursitis etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of hand and wrist pain (tendon injuries, ganglion cyst, Carpal tunnel syndrome, De quervain tenosynovitis, etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of hip-leg pain (avascular necrosis, temporary osteoporosis of the hip, congenital hip dislocation, trochanteric bursitis, calcification, rehabilitation after hip replacement applications and other hip surgeries etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment in knee pain (meniscus tears, ligament and tendon ruptures and injuries, calcification, bursitis, rehabilitation after knee prosthesis applications and other knee surgeries etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of foot-ankle pain (ligament and tendon rupture and injuries, calcification, bursitis, etc.)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment after facial paralysis
- Diagnosis and treatment of sprains, injuries and muscle aches after sports activities
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related fractures, and preventive treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of other endocrine and metabolic diseases affecting bones (osteomalacia, vitamin D deficiency, Paget’s disease etc.)
- Evaluation of necessity and prescription of orthotic-prosthetic applications and training and rehabilitation of patients.
For more information, Private Rumeli Hospital Call Center 444 89 79
What is Physical Therapy?
These are the treatment methods using physical agents and techniques such as heat, ray, electric current treatments, and exercise that can be applied alone or in combination with other treatment methods in various diseases including musculoskeletal diseases, neurological diseases, rheumatological diseases. After the examination, x-ray and laboratory findings of the patient are evaluated together and a physical therapy program is organized for each patient. It is very important to establish the correct treatment in order to achieve therapeutic efficacy. Continuation of the patient’s treatment and compliance with the treatment program are also important factors affecting the effectiveness of the treatment.
What is rehabilitation?
As a word, it means repair, recover, replacement. It also includes studies to eliminate the obstacles caused by the illness of the affected person and to ensure the patient maintain a normal life socially, professionally, and physiologically and to utilize their existing abilities at the highest level. The aim is to make individual gain independence from every aspect of his/her daily life.
Some of the Physical Therapy practices in our clinic are:
Thermotherapy (Treatment with hot applications)
Superficial heat applications: Hot packs, Paraffin bath, Infra-red rays
Deeper heat applications: Ultrasound treatments (high frequency sound vibrations)
Cryotherapy (Treatment with cold applications): Cold packs, Cold compresses, Cooler sprays, Ice bags, Ice massage
Hydrotherapy (Treatment with water): Hot water, contrast bath
Electrotherapy (Treatment with electric currents)
- Direct currents (Galvanic current)
- Alternating currents
- Low frequency currents (faradic, sinusoidal, exponential currents, TENS)
- Medium frequency currents (interventional-interferential currents, Vacuum Interference)
- High frequency currents
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (Muscle strengthening applications)
Phototherapy (Treatment with beam applications) (Ultraviolet applications)
Mechanotherapy (Treatment with mechanical methods): Massage, Intermittent pneumatic compression device applications
Therapeutic exercise applications
Drug treatment with physical methods: Iontophoresis, Phonophoresis
ESWT (Shock wave Therapy)
Acupuncture treatment and injection applications: PRP, Intra-articular and soft tissue injections
Kinesiology taping applications
Lymphedema rehabilitation: Lymphedema Massage and bandaging
Who Should Apply to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department for Which Complaints?
- All kinds of spine, joint and muscle pain complaints
- Advanced muscle weakness, loss of balance, etc. developed after stroke, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy etc.
- Swollen joint complaints
- Complaints of stiffness and loss of motion in joints.
- Complaints of numbness in the hands and/or feet
- Widespread pain in the whole body
- Morning stiffness complaint
- Painful and tired waking up in the morning
- Swollen arms or legs due to varicose veins, vascular problems or developed after surgery