Although hemorrhoids is a very common disease in the society, it is a disease that is neglected due to hesitation. It usually manifests itself with complaints such as itching, discomfort and bleeding. Hemorrhoids treatment can consist of many options depending on the severity. For hemorrhoids, a physician must be consulted, and physician’s advice and treatment methods must be followed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hemorrhoids Treatment
What is hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are vascular pads under the inner wall of the anus that exist from birth. They prevent injury to the anal sphincter during defecation. Heredity, anatomical features, climate and nutritional habits, occupation, age, infectious causes, pregnancy, excessive exercise, chronic coughing and straining, wearing tight clothes and underwear, and portal hypertension are considered as reason of the occurrence of hemorrhoid disease.
How is hemorrhoids treated with laser?
Hemorrhoids treatment with laser is applied on the same day after the examination and some tests performed by the General Surgery specialist. The procedure is applied on the same day under local anesthesia or mild sedation, the procedure takes 7-8 minutes, and the patient returns to its daily activities in a very short time.
What are the advantages of hemorrhoid treatment with laser?
– In laser hemorrhoid surgery, hospitalization is not required in almost all cases; The patient can be discharged on the same day.
– The procedure and anesthesia time are shorter.
– The pain during or after the surgery is much less than the conventional surgical method.
– The use of laser ensures minimal bleeding during surgery.
– The tissues around hemorrhoids are not damaged. Because of the minimal tissue damage, it provides protection from complications such as incontinence, postoperative stricture, and leaks.
– Wound healing is faster and easier than other methods.
– The patient can back to work the next day.